Overview Search Downloads Submit file Up
Download details
P/076/2019 - Smt. Yamuna Manoj, Thrissur
The appellant, Smt. Yamuna Manoj, is a single-phase domestic consumer with consumer No. 26693 under Electrical Section, Vellangallur, who is aggrieved by the exorbitant electricity bill issued to her for an amount of Rs. 10758.00 for the period from10-01-2019 to 11-03-2019. The connected load in the premises is 3623 watts from 11/2017 onwards. The appellant approached the Assistant Engineer with a complaint on 09-04-2019 regarding the excess reading of the meter and the impugned bill. Accordingly, the respondent verified the correctness of the meter by testing at TMR, Angamaly and found earth load tamper’ indications. Hence the respondent directed the appellant to remit the bill amount. Being aggrieved, the appellant filed a petition before the CGRF, Ernakulam and the Forum disposed of the petition vide order no. CGRF‐CR/OP 22/2019-20 dated 04-09-2019 with a decision that the petition is dismissed due to lack of merits. Against the decision of the Forum, the appellant has filed the Appeal petition before this Authority on 09-10-2019 From the findings and conclusions arrived at as detailed above, I decide to set aside the electricity bill amounting to Rs. 10,758/- issued to the appellant. The respondent is directed to revise the bill for the consumption period from 10-01-2019 to 11-03-2019 by taking the average of previous three bimonthly consumption i.e average consumption from 9-7-2018 to 10-01-2019 for 332 units. Having concluded and decided as above, it is ordered accordingly. The Appeal Petition filed by the appellant is found having some merits and is allowed. The order of CGRF, Central Range in Petition No. OP/22/2018-19/dated 04-09-2019 is set aside. No order on costs.


Size 105.23 KB
Downloads 281
Created 2019-12-02 05:16:51


Contact Us

Charangattu Bhavan,
Building No-36/895,
Mamangalam- Anchumana Road,
Edappally- P O.Kochi 682024, KERALA,
Phone#  +91 484 2346488

Any Queries?

Send an email to

Do you Know?

Consumers should submit  petitions to CGRF first before appealing Ombudsman.

Visitors Counter